This content has been translated by bestmembers
Let’s face it, we’ve all been using Snapchat for years. If not years, then months. But still, Snapchat has a lot of features that we don’t really know about properly. Have you ever noticed your friend’s name on Snapchat and wondered why it’s here on the recent list? Do you know what this last one actually means?
Just like any other social media platform, Snapchat allows you to record all your activities and history, including your snaps, chats, and friends. When you don’t contact a friend or chat with friends frequently, it’s all recorded on a recent Snapchat. This is only to notify you of your activity.
In today’s article, we will tell you all about the latter and how you can clear them. So, stay connected with us until the end and let’s get started!
What’s new in Snapchat?
Since Snapchat has started offering its unique privacy protection themes, most users prefer to adapt it for conversations. Snapchat has a recent list that lets you know about your Snapchat activity and searches. Basically, it keeps a record of everything you do on Snapchat.
Activities such as unopened snaps and chats also make it to this list. What’s more, when a friend has added you on Snapchat and you contact them daily, your friend’s chat won’t be on the recent list. However, when you just don’t ping your friend and don’t open their chats for a long time, chances are that the person might have deleted you now.
So, when any of your friends remove you from their Snapchat friend list, their name will start appearing in the recent list. With this, you will know that this person deleted me and you can contact him again and build a good relationship.
How to Clear Your Recents on Snapchat
So, if you guys want to delete your recent (all chats and messages) that you have received and sent, you need to delete your Snapchat history first. So, let’s find out how you can clear recent on your phone:
- Primarily, find Snapchat in your apps.
- Click on your bitmoji in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now search by settings icon and open it.
- Scroll down and find “Clear Conversations” in the privacy section. Once you find it click on it.
- Once you enter the “Clear Conversations” section, you will see an “X” iconwhich is located next to each dialog.
- Now click on each “X” next to the conversation you want to delete.
- If you want to delete all conversations and chats, you can see the Clear All option at the top of your mobile screen.
- Click on it here you go! All your recent ones will be deleted!
Snapchat is one of the most popular platforms with 332 million active users. It offers many automatic features, including the recent Snapchat feature that protects your search history, old messages, and more.
Frequently asked Questions
To get to your recent Snapchats, follow these steps:
1) Download Snapchat and log into your account.
2) Click the settings icon.
3) Now scroll down and find “my data”.
4) Select Submit Request at the bottom of the screen.
5) You will receive an email confirming your request.
6) Open Gmail.
7) Find an email from Team Snapchat.
8) Click on “click here”.
9) Enter your credentials again.
10) Scroll down again and get to the “Your data is ready” part.
11) Click on the link below.
12) Now another page will open and select “more”.
13) Save your data and open the file.
Now you can easily view your Snapchat history.
If you see that this person was in my recent day ago, where did he go? So listen! When someone blocks you on Snapchat, their username is removed from the recent list.. Furthermore, they won’t even show up in your recent conversations. if you are try looking up their names on Snapchat, you won’t find them either.