This content has been translated by bestmembers
For the first few years of Instagram’s existence, hiding Stories from people was a pain. You had to go into the settings of a single Story and select the followers to hide it. So, if you want to allow those followers to see the next Story, you need to go to that Story’s settings and unblock it.
But in 2018, Instagram launched the close friends feature which makes it much easier to share content with a limited group. Once you have created a list of close friends, you will have the option to share a story with only that list. If you’re posting content that might be controversial, personal, or NSFW, this option can save you some stress.
If you don’t know how to add people to your close friends list, we’ll show you how to get started.
How to add close friends in the Instagram app
- Open the Instagram app for Android or iOS.
- Tap your avatar in the lower right corner.
- Tap the menu button in the top right and Close friends.
- If you don’t have a list of close friends yet, you might see a screenshot. To start button. Faucet. This leads to a list of recommendations from people to start your list with, along with a link to information on how this works. Once you’ve selected your first list, tap on it. Create list.
- Now, when you choose Close friends, you will see your current list of close friends. To add more friends, type their name (or Instagram username) in the Search field at the top of the page and tap the check mark next to their name.
- If you want to remove any name from the list, simply deselect the circle to the right of the name.
Update June 22, 2022 at 5:03 pm ET: This article was originally published on February 5, 2020 and has been updated to take into account changes to the app and remove any mention of the Threads app, which is no longer available.